This crochet sloth pattern makes a huggable creature sure to delight any child. This is a beginner-friendly crochet project that works up quickly in a super bulky yarn.
Finished Size: Body measures 12.5” (32 cm) long x 9” (23 cm) wide before sewing on limbs and stuffing.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet
- Crocheting in the round, seaming pieces together
- Special stitches: hdc2tog (with written instructions in pattern and linked video tutorial)
Gauge: 11 hdc = 4” (10 cm). Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
- Bernat Baby Blanket yarn (100% polyester, 10.5 oz/300 g, 220 yd/201 m) – 2 skeins in 04010 Baby Sand, or approximately 270 yd (245 m) in any super bulky weight yarn
- Bernat Blanket yarn (100% polyester, 10.5 oz/300 g, 220 yd/201 m) – 1 skein each in 10830 Almond (CB) and 10040 Coal (CC), or approximately 25 yd (23 m) each in CB and CC in any super bulky weight yarn.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Crafter’s Choice Dry Packing Fiber Fill, 20 ounce bag.
- US Size K-10.5/6.5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- 15 mm black safety eyes – 1 pair.
- Stitch markers.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.