Even Santa needs to get some sleep before the big night! Loop-It adds some amazing texture to Santa’s beard.
Fits a 12” (30.5 cm) square pillow form.
Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet
Crocheting flat in rows
Seaming, crocheting in the back loop and in the front loop
Crocheting over a thicker yarn
Pattern includes linked video tutorials for identifying back and front loops, linked photo tutorial for seaming, and in-pattern tutorial for crocheting over the thicker yarn
15 sc = 4” (10 cm) across. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g, 364 yd/333 m) – 1 skein each in 319 Cherry Red (CA), 311 White (CB), 334 Buff (CC), and 312 Black (CD), or approximately 168 yd (153.5 m) in CA, 105 yd (96 m) in CB, 55 yd (50 m) in CC, and 5 yd (4.5 m) in CD in any medium weight yarn.
- Red Heart Loop-It yarn (100% polyester, 3.5 oz/100 g, 7.6 yd/7 m) – 1 skein in 115 Snow Way (CE), or approximately 5 yd (4.5 m) in any jumbo weight loop yarn.
- US H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn or tapestry needle with eye small enough to sew through buttons.
- 0.75” (2 cm) sew through or shank button – 4 buttons.
- Fairfield Crafter’s Choice 12” x 12” Basic Pillow Form.
- Stitch markers.
- Small amount of Fairfield Poly-Fil Fiber Filling.
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.