Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
An alternating stitch pattern and a self-striping yarn combine to make a beanie that adds color and texture to your day.
- Finished Sizes: Photographed sample is Teen/Adult size. Height measurements do not include pom pom.
- Infant: 13.25” (33.5 cm) hat circumference x 6” (15 cm) height.
- Child: 17” (43 cm) hat circumference x 6.75” (17 cm) height.
- Teen/Adult: 21” (53.5 cm) hat circumference x 7.5” (19 cm) height.
- Gauge: Through Rnd 4 = 4.25” (11 cm) diameter in pattern. For best fit, always check your gauge.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting in the round
- Special stitches: BPsc, FPsc, sc2tog (with written instructions and linked video tutorials in pattern)
- Red Heart Colorscape yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 187 yd/171 m) – 1 (1, 2) skeins in 6320 Bangkok, or approximately 105 yd (155 yd, 210 yd)/96 m (142 m, 192 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- US J-10/6 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Clover Pom Pom Maker – small for infant size or extra large for
childand teen/adult sizes (optional).
Skill Level: Intermediate
Free crochet pattern for a blooming strawberry baby earflap hat by My Hobby is Crochet.
This hat and mittens set looks like it’s suitable for both men and women. The stripes are neutral and can be crocheted in any color to match anyone’s taste.
Crochet this beanie up for either a baby boy or a girl to keep them cozy during cold months.
I love the lacy stripe in the middle and along the edge. It’s bound to go with just about any winter outfit.
I love the texture in this vintage set. I would say it’s great for weddings and other special occasions.
I love the beautiful lacy shell stitch along with the textured ribs. It’s elegant and perfect for any occasion.