Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
The Beehive Stitch Section uses front post stitches on both sides of the fabric to create a fun texture. If you’re new to post stitches, don’t worry, there’s a video tutorial to guide you through these stitches.
This pattern is part of the Sectional Blanket Crochet Along, a mystery crochet along for a throw blanket crocheted in 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm) sections, the size preferred by our charity partner, Warm Up America. New clues will be released on Fridays through December 16, 2022.
Finished Size: 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm)
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round
- Crocheting in back loops only (includes link to video tutorial)
- Special stitches: BPdc (includes written instructions and video tutorial)
- WeCrochet Brava Worsted yarn (100% acrylic, 3 oz/100 g, 218 yd/200 m): 18 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 3,750 yards/3,429 meters in any medium weight yarn for the entire blanket.
- I am using the following colors for my version:
- Color A/28437 Marina,
- Color B/29246 Tidal Speckle,
- Color C/28454 Tranquil,
- Color D/29247 Snow Day Speckle,
- Color E/28422 Cornflower,
- Color F/28419 Clarity, and
- Color G/28451 Sky.
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size that matches gauge or you prefer using with medium weight yarn.
- Locking stitch marker set (optional, but helpful for marking the front and holding pieces together for seaming).
- Bent-tip yarn needle.
Skill Level: Beginner
You Might Also Enjoy These
This is a basic pattern tutorial on how to start a granny rectangle.
FREE crochet pattern for a Granny Rectangle by Crochet Again.
FREE crochet pattern for a Heart Bobble by Heather’s Crochet Blog.
FREE crochet pattern or a Rectangular Granny Square by Handcrafting With Love.
FREE rectangular Bobble Box Crochet Pattern by Heather’s Crochet Blog.
FREE crochet pattern and tutorial on How to Make a Granny Square into a Rectangle by Crochet Spot.