Double Crunch Stitch Section
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
The Double Crunch Stitch Section uses a variation on the crunch stitch to form a gentle texture. It combines half double crochets and slip stitches in a simple pattern.
This pattern is part of the Sectional Blanket Crochet Along, a mystery crochet along for a throw blanket crocheted in 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm) sections, the size preferred by our charity partner, Warm Up America. New clues will be released on Fridays through December 16, 2022.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round, increasing
- Crocheting in the back loop only, front loop only, and third loop only (includes linked video tutorials)
- Optional: Blocking (includes linked tutorial)
Finished Size: 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm)
- WeCrochet Brava Worsted yarn (100% acrylic, 3 oz/100 g, 218 yd/200 m): 18 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 3,750 yards/3,429 meters in any medium weight yarn for the whole blanket.
- I am using the following colors for my version:
- Color A/28437 Marina,
- Color B/29246 Tidal Speckle,
- Color C/28454 Tranquil,
- Color D/29247 Snow Day Speckle,
- Color E/28422 Cornflower,
- Color F/28419 Clarity, and
- Color G/28451 Sky.
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size that matches gauge or you prefer using with medium weight yarn.
- Locking stitch marker set (optional, but helpful for marking the front and holding pieces together for seaming).
- Bent-tip yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy
You Might Also Enjoy The Following
Xs and Vs Section
This crochet rectangle features two pretty stitches to give you texture and lace for your next blanket pattern.
Little Waves Variation Section
The little waves section has such a pretty texture that is sure to look lovely in any cozy winter afghan.
Traveling Eyelets Section
If you love a simple lace, then look no further than this beauty! It’s just what you need for an extra layer of warmth to keep you cozy.
Granny Stitch Section
The granny stitch gives you a nice, yet easy and mindless, stitch pattern. It’s a classic, but still just as pretty as ever!
Cluster Stripes Variation Section
The pretty textures in this rectangle are just what every blanket needs. The variegated colors are pretty, but this could also look nice in solids and stripes, depending on your blanket.
Although simple, this is a very pretty stitch pattern to incorporate into any blanket.