Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
The Wattle Stitch Section uses a simple, asymmetrical shell stitch pattern.
This pattern is part of the Sectional Blanket Crochet Along, a mystery crochet along for a throw blanket crocheted in 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm) sections, the size preferred by our charity partner, Warm Up America. New clues will be released on Fridays through December 16, 2022.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round, crocheting into chain spaces
- Crocheting in the back loop only (includes linked video tutorial)
Finished Size: 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm)
- WeCrochet Brava Worsted yarn (100% acrylic, 3 oz/100 g, 218 yd/200 m): 18 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 3,750 yards/3,429 meters in any medium weight yarn for the entire blanket.
- I am using the following colors for my version:
- Color A/28437 Marina,
- Color B/29246 Tidal Speckle,
- Color C/28454 Tranquil,
- Color D/29247 Snow Day Speckle,
- Color E/28422 Cornflower,
- Color F/28419 Clarity, and
- Color G/28451 Sky
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size that matches gauge or you prefer using with medium weight yarn
- Locking stitch marker set (optional, but helpful for marking the front and holding pieces together for seaming)
- Bent-tip yarn needle
Skill Level: Easy
You Might Also Enjoy The Following
X-Stitch Variation Section
This crochet rectangle is worked up in simple stitches to create a lovely lace.
Arruga Stitch Section
This is another rectangle for the Sectional Blanket CAL by Underground Crafter. The blanket is worked in many rectangles each measuring 7 by 9 inches.
Back Loop Single Crochet Section
Not only is this rectangle beginner-friendly, but it is also beautifully textured on both sides!
Simple Shells Section
If you love the look of shells, then you will enjoy working this rectangular piece into any cozy winter blanket.
Puff Stitch Mesh Section
The puff stitch combined with the variegated yarn makes this a pretty rectangle to incorporate into your next afghan.
Slanted Puff Shell Stitch Section
This textured rectangle is not only beautiful, but it also looks cozy for making winter blankets.
Leave a Reply