A lion’s face and mane add character to a simple, stuffed pillow. The pocket on the back can be used to hide a gift or to keep a book safe during travels. This pillow is one of ten free crochet patterns by ten designers in the Softie Crochet Along.
It’s a great gift idea for just about anyone on your gifting list.
Pillow Measures: 10” (25.5 cm) wide x 12” (30.5 cm) tall before stuffing.
Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, slip stitch
Crocheting flat in rows (for Panels), crocheting in the round (for Muzzle and Ears)
18 sc x 20 rows = 4” (10 cm). Exact gauge is not critical for this pattern but stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g/364 yd/333 m) – 1 skein each in 336 Warm Brown (CA), 334 Buff (CB), and 256 Carrot (CC), or approximately 364 yd (333 m) in CA and 75 yd (68.5 m) in CB and CC in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premium Fiber Filling, 20 ounce bag.
- 12 mm craft eyes (“safety eyes”) in brown – 1 pair.
- 13 mm oval craft nose in black – 1 piece.
- Yarn needle.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set, or 8-12 locking stitch markers.
If you enjoyed this free crochet pattern you might also enjoy more designs by Underground Crafter.