Chipper the Christmas Tree
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This simple pattern makes a huggable holiday pal. Chipper can also be used as a decorative holiday pillow. This is a companion to my free Christmas Tree Pillow pattern.
The finished size is approximately 13” (33 cm) tall before stuffing.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows (pieces), crocheting in the round (seaming)
- Increasing, seaming
- Pattern includes linked video tutorial for embroidery stitches and linked photo tutorial for seaming
Gauge: 18 sc = 4” (10 cm) across. Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g, 364 yd/333 m) – 1 skein each in 368 Paddy Green (CA) and 365 Coffee (CB) and small amounts of 319 Cherry Red (CC), or approximately 155 yd (142 m) in CA, 40 yd (36.5 m) in CB, and 2 yd (2 m) in CC in any medium weight yarn.
- Red Heart Pomp-a-Doodle yarn (100% polyester, 3 oz/100 g, 14 yd/13 m) – 1 skein in 6520 Mint (CD), or approximately 4 yd (3.5 m) in CD in any pom pom yarn.
- US F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Consumer Crafts 30 mm Comical Eyes – 1 pair.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Fiber Stuffing.
Skill Level: Easy
Free crochet pattern for a Christmas Tree made available by Free Vintage Crochet.
Button Christmas Tree
This quick and easy Christmas tree softie includes optional instructions for making an ornament.
Christmas Tree Pincushion
Here is a festive way to keep your pins and needles organized during the holidays. It makes for a great gift idea for your seamstress.
A small Christmas tree like this is perfect for those in smaller homes who may not have the room for a full-sized holiday tree.
Beaded Amigurumi Crochet Christmas Tree
This easy Christmas tree decoration is perfect for a centerpiece on the dining table or on the mantle.