This sponge-like scrubbie is textured with a combination of post stitches. This pattern is the first in the Scrubbie Crochet Along with CAL Central.
Finished Size: Approximately 6” (15.5 cm) wide x 4” (10 cm) tall after folding and seaming.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, seaming, crocheting in the back loop
- Special stitch patterns: BPdc and FPdc (with written instructions and video tutorial)
Gauge: 19 sts = 4” (10 cm) in pattern. Exact gauge is not required for this pattern. Stitches should be tight to create a dense fabric.
- Red Heart Scrubby Smoothie yarn (100% cotton, 3.5 oz/100 g, 153 yd/140 m) – 1 skein in 2156 Purple Tones, or approximately 85 yd (78 m) in any medium weight cotton yarn.
- US Size G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Design by Underground Crafter.