Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
The Moss Stitch Section uses the beloved and classic stitch pattern combining single crochet stitches and chain spaces.
This pattern is part of the Sectional Blanket Crochet Along, a mystery crochet along for a throw blanket crocheted in 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm) sections, the size preferred by our charity partner, Warm Up America.
Finished Size: 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm)
- WeCrochet Brava Worsted yarn (100% acrylic, 3 oz/100 g, 218 yd/200 m): 18 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 3,750 yards/3,429 meters in any medium weight yarn.
- I am using the following colors for my version:
- Color A/28437 Marina,
- Color B/29246 Tidal Speckle,
- Color C/28454 Tranquil,
- Color D/29247 Snow Day Speckle,
- Color E/28422 Cornflower,
- Color F/28419 Clarity, and
- Color G/28451 Sky.
- WeCrochet Majestic US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size that matches gauge or you prefer using with medium weight yarn.
- WeCrochet locking stitch marker set (optional, but helpful for marking the front and holding pieces together for seaming).
- WeCrochet bent-tip yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy
You Might Also Enjoy These
The grit stitch gives you a beautiful texture across the fabric. It is a great match for anything lacy, colorful or plain!
This crochet rectangle is perfect for making blankets, pillows and so many other projects for the home. Use it on its own, or match it up with other rectangles.
This rectangular section feature a pretty wave stitch. It is not only a pretty texture, but easy to crochet as well.
This crochet section features textured lines, which you can incorporate into an afghan by itself or with other sections. Either way, this will add a nice touch to any afghan.
This pretty textured rectangle is beginner-friendly, and can be paired with other rectangles for a beautiful sampler afghan.
This afghan square features a nice open stitch design that can be matched with just about any other stitch and texture for a beautiful blanket.