The Moss Stitch Section uses the beloved and classic stitch pattern combining single crochet stitches and chain spaces.
This pattern is part of the Sectional Blanket Crochet Along, a mystery crochet along for a throw blanket crocheted in 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm) sections, the size preferred by our charity partner, Warm Up America.
Finished Size: 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm)
- WeCrochet Brava Worsted yarn (100% acrylic, 3 oz/100 g, 218 yd/200 m): 18 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 3,750 yards/3,429 meters in any medium weight yarn.
- I am using the following colors for my version:
- Color A/28437 Marina,
- Color B/29246 Tidal Speckle,
- Color C/28454 Tranquil,
- Color D/29247 Snow Day Speckle,
- Color E/28422 Cornflower,
- Color F/28419 Clarity, and
- Color G/28451 Sky.
- WeCrochet Majestic US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size that matches gauge or you prefer using with medium weight yarn.
- WeCrochet locking stitch marker set (optional, but helpful for marking the front and holding pieces together for seaming).
- WeCrochet bent-tip yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy
You Might Also Enjoy These
This crochet rectangle features two pretty stitches to give you texture and lace for your next blanket pattern.
The little waves section has such a pretty texture that is sure to look lovely in any cozy winter afghan.
If you love a simple lace, then look no further than this beauty! It’s just what you need for an extra layer of warmth to keep you cozy.
The granny stitch gives you a nice, yet easy and mindless, stitch pattern. It’s a classic, but still just as pretty as ever!
The crunch stitch gives you a beautiful texture on both sides of the fabric, making this the perfect rectangle to incorporate into your blankets.
The pretty textures in this rectangle are just what every blanket needs. The variegated colors are pretty, but this could also look nice in solids and stripes, depending on your blanket.