Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This textured beret is made with a combination of tall and short crochet stitches. The pattern is available in Infant (Child, Adult) sizes. Photographed sample is Adult.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, slip stitch, treble (triple crochet)
- Crocheting in the round
- Increasing and decreasing
- Special stitch: sc2tog (with written explanations in pattern)
- Infant: 6” (15 cm) height x 15” (38 cm) hat circumference.
- Child: 6.5” (16.5 cm) height x 19” (48.5 cm) hat circumference.
- Adult: 7” (18 cm) height x 22.5” (57 cm) hat circumference.
Gauge: Through Rnd 5 = 3.5” (9 cm) in pattern. For best fit, always check your gauge.
- Sprightly Acrylic Worsted yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g/201 yd/184 m) – 1 (1, 2) skein(s) in 501-016 Suede, or approximately 140 yd (190 yd, 250 yd)/128 m (174 m, 229 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy