These little versions of the beloved big cats are just the right size for being carried around by a little one, or to use as gift embellishments or ornaments.
Boxy version: Approximately 5.25” (13.5 cm) square after stuffing.
Rounded version: Approximately 5” (13 cm) diameter after stuffing.
Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
- Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 170 yd/156 m/medium weight) – 1 skein each in 158 Mustard (CA), 123 Beige (CB), 153 Black (CC), and 130 Honey (CD), or approximately 85 yd (78 m) in CA, and 7 yd (6.5 m) each in CB, CC, and CD in any medium weight yarn.
- US F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil fiber filling.
- 1 pair – animal safety eyes – I used Consumer Crafts 12 mm Clear Animal Eyes for the Rounded Ornament version and Consumer Crafts 24 mm Brown Animal Eyes for the Boxy version.
- 1 – Consumer Crafts 21 mm Animal Nose.
- Knit Picks Bent Tip Tapestry Needles.
- Knit Picks Locking Stitch Markers.
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.