Pablo the Porcupine Pincushion
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
Pincushions are great stashbusters because they are small projects. This works up really quickly and easily in bulky yarn and is a great way to use up yarn scraps! And, you can also use Pablo to keep track of your yarn needles, or pretty much any pointy thing you have lots of.
It’s also a very cute amigurumi stuffed plushie which can be gifted to a child in your life as a sweet companion or toy to play with.
Finished Size: Approximately 3.5” (9 cm) tall after stuffing.
- King Cole Big Value Chunky yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 167 yd/152 m) – 1 skein in 3281 Charcoal (CB), or approximately 10 yd (9 m) in any bulky weight yarn.
- King Cole Big Value Poplar Chunky yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 164 yd/150 m) – 1 skein in 4354 Chestnut (CA), or approximately 50 yd (46 m) in any bulky weight yarn.
- US Size H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Fairfield World Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber Fill – 12 oz. bag.
- Bent-tip yarn needle.
- 12 mm black safety eyes – 1 pair.
- Stitch markers.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Poly-Pellets Weighted Stuffing Beads – 24 oz. bag.
- Pair of stockings or tights.
Skill Level: Easy
You Might Also Enjoy The Following
Christmas Tree Pincushion
Here is a festive way to keep your pins and needles organized during the holidays. It makes for a great gift idea for your seamstress.
Yummy Watermelon Pincushion
Use this watermelon pincushion for your pins and needles or for a entertaining toy for babies.
Use this for your pins or as a cute decoration for around the home.
Cupcake Pincushion Sewing Kit
Free crochet pattern for the Cupcake Pincushion Sewing Kit by One Dog Woof.
Crochet Heart Decoration or Pin Cushion
FREE crochet pattern for a Crochet Heart Decoration or Pin Cushion by Meladora’s Creations.
Rose Pin Cushion Doll
FREE crochet pattern for a Rose Pin Cushion Doll by Free Vintage Crochet.