This little boom box toy takes me back a few years. I love the details that went into the design. It’s definitely something that will be appreciated by anyone who enjoys the radio and music.
This simple, rag doll style amigurumi pattern is reminiscent of a late 1970s to early 1990s tape cassette boom box. This is the first pattern in the 2020 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along.
Finished Size: Approximately 10” (25.5 cm) across x 5.5” (14 cm) tall after folding and before stuffing.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round, increasing
- Crocheting the back loop (pattern includes link to video tutorial)
- Seaming (pattern includes link to photo tutorial)
- Decorating with back stitch and cross stitch embroidery stitches (pattern includes link to video tutorials)
Gauge: 14 sc x 16 rows = 4” (10 cm). Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
- WeCrochet Brava Bulky yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 136 yd/124 m) – 1 skein each in 29339 Cobblestone Heather (CA), 28335 Black (CB), 28343 Dove Heather (CC), and 28352 Red (CD), or approximately 136 yd (124 m) in CA, 20 yd (18.5 m) in CB, 10 yd (9 m) in CC, and 2 yd (2 m) in CD in any bulky weight yarn.
- US Size G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber Fill, 12 ounce bag.
- WeCrochet locking stitch marker set.
- 12 mm black safety eyes – 1 pair.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy