Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This color-blocked scarf has two personalities! One side is solid and reliable while the other is lacy and quirky. Add small pom poms to the ends for a finishing touch.
- Finished Size: The size is customizable. The photographed sample is 9” (23 cm) at widest point x 65” (165 cm) long before adding pom poms.
- Gauge: 11.5 dc = 4” (10 cm) unblocked. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet
- Crocheting flat in rows
- Skipping stitches and crocheting in chain spaces
- Increasing and decreasing
- Special stitch patterns: cdc and dc3tog (with written explanations and linked video tutorials in pattern)
- Yarn: Patons Alpaca Blend yarn (60% acrylic/22% wool/10% nylon/8% alpaca, 3.5 oz/100 g/155 yd/142 m) – 1 skein ea in 1002 Smoke (CA) and 1018 Ultraviolet (CB), or approximately 155
yd(142 m) in ea of 2 colors in any bulky weight yarn.
- US Size K-10.5 (6.5 mm) crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set (optional).
- Clover Pom Pom Maker – 1-5/8” (45 mm) size from Small set (optional).
Skill Level: Easy