Design by: Sarah Ruane from Ned & Mimi.
The Spring Buds Cardi is an easy crochet cardigan pattern, made from 2 rectangles with sleeves! And it is lightweight too, making it perfect for unpredictable spring days.
This cardigan has a casual, relaxed fit, with about 3″ – 5″ / 7.5 – 12cm of ease added at the bust.
The drop shoulder design and 3/4 length sleeves make this a great cardi to throw on over a tank top or tee. And use a lightweight/#3/DK yarn for a great drape and just enough warmth 🙂
Finished Sizes: XS – 5X
- Yarn: Any #3/DK/Lightweight yarn. The amounts given here are for KnitPicks Kindred DK (105m/115yds per 50g skein; Weight 3/Lightweight; 68% Baby Alpaca, 32% Peruvian Pima Cotton).
- XS: 1308 yds / 1196m (569g) – 12 skeins
- S: 1389 yds / 1270m (604g) – 13 skeins
- M: 1546 yds / 1414m (672g) – 14 skeins
- L: 1632 yds / 1492m (710g) – 15 skeins
- XL: 1751 yds / 1601m (761g) – 16 skeins
- 2X: 1913 yds / 1749m (832g) – 17 skeins
- 3X: 2123 yds / 1941m (923g) – 19 skeins
- 4X: 2262 yds / 2068m (983g) – 20 skeins
- 5X: 2363 yds / 2161m (1027g) – 21 skeins
- Hook: 4mm (G-6) or hook required to meet gauge.
- Yarn needle
Skill Level: Easy