Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This 12 inch crochet afghan square is perfect for spring and summer blankets.
Invite the vibrant colors and textures of spring into your home with this floral granny square.
Motif = 12” (30.5 cm) in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this pattern.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, double crochet, half double crochet, slip stitch, treble crochet, double treble crochet (includes video tutorial for all but chain)
- Crocheting in the round, increasing, changing colors, crocheting into chain spaces
- Crocheting in the back loop only (pattern includes link to video tutorial)
- Special stitches: cdc, dc2tog, FPdc (pattern includes written instructions and links to video or photo tutorials for each)
- Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g/170 yd/156 m) – 1 skein each in 139 Rose Shocking (CA) and 105 Silver Blue (CB), or approximately 55 yd (50.5 m) in CA and 95 yd (87 m) in CB in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Intermediate