Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
These sunshine coasters are worked up in a yellow to resemble the sun. They feature a beautifully scalloped edge for the sun’s rays. However, you can just as easy crochet them up in any other colors to match your dining room décor.
Make these simple, textured coasters as a set, or gift them individually as mug rugs.
- Coaster: Approximately 5.5” (14 cm) in diameter.
- Gauge: Through Rnd 11 = 4.5” (11.5 cm) diameter in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting in the round
- Crocheting the back loop (pattern includes link to video tutorial)
- King Cole Cottonsoft DK yarn (100% cotton, 3.5 oz/100 g, 229 yd/210 m) – 1 skein in 3461 Antique Gold, or approximately 120 yd (110 m) in any light weight cotton yarn for a set of 4 coasters. PLEASE NOTE: Each coaster uses approximately 30 yd (27.5 m) in light weight cotton yarn; each skein makes 7-9 coasters.
- HenPeckedHooks US Size G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy