These sunshine coasters are worked up in a yellow to resemble the sun. They feature a beautifully scalloped edge for the sun’s rays. However, you can just as easy crochet them up in any other colors to match your dining room décor.
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
Make these simple, textured coasters as a set, or gift them individually as mug rugs.
- Coaster: Approximately 5.5” (14 cm) in diameter.
- Gauge: Through Rnd 11 = 4.5” (11.5 cm) diameter in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting in the round
- Crocheting the back loop (pattern includes link to video tutorial)
- King Cole Cottonsoft DK yarn (100% cotton, 3.5 oz/100 g, 229 yd/210 m) – 1 skein in 3461 Antique Gold, or approximately 120 yd (110 m) in any light weight cotton yarn for a set of 4 coasters. PLEASE NOTE: Each coaster uses approximately 30 yd (27.5 m) in light weight cotton yarn; each skein makes 7-9 coasters.
- HenPeckedHooks US Size G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy