Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This textured beret can also be worn as a slouch hat. This pattern meets the donation requirements for the #HatNotHate, Lion Brand’s campaign against bullying.
Teen/Adult: 19” (48.5 cm) hat circumference x 7.5” (19 cm) length.
Gauge: Through Rnd 5 in pattern = 5” (13 cm) diameter. For best fit, always check your gauge.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting in the round, increasing, decreasing
- Special stitches: dc2tog, FPdc, sc2tog (with written explanation and video or photo tutorials linked in pattern)
- Lion Brand Crayola Cake yarn (100% acrylic, 3 oz/85 g, 177 yd/162 m) – 2 skeins in 606 Bluetiful, or approximately 215 yd (196.5 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy