Design by: Sarah Ruane from Ned & Mimi.
Perfect for the coldest winter days, the Snowdrop Infinity Scarf is a cozy, chunky crochet infinity scarf with a gorgeous texture. I used a super bulky chenille yarn for my infinity scarf, but a velvet yarn also works great with this pattern.
This pattern uses basic crochet stitches and a simple one row repeat, making it a perfect crochet pattern for beginners. If you can make a single crochet and a chain, then you can make this scarf :-)
This scarf is also super easy to customize. I have written the pattern for 3 sizes – Toddler, Child and Teen/Adult. But you could easily alter the length by adding/subtracting rows – it’s as simple as that!
Finished Sizes: Toddler/Child/Adult
Hook: 6mm (J-10) crochet hook (or hook required to meet gauge).
Yarn: Any chenille or velvet #6 / Super Bulky weight yarn.
- The amounts given here are for James C. Brett Flutterby Chunky (175m/191yds per 100g skein; Weight 6/Super Bulky; 100% Polyester).
- Toddler: 85 yds / 78 m (45g) – 1 skein
- Child: 155 yds / 142 m (81g) – 1 skein
- Adult: 295 yds / 270 m (155g) – 2 skeins
- Suitable yarn substitutions include:
- Bernat Blanket
- Bernat Velvet
- Premier Yarns Parfait
- Loops ‘n’ Threads Cuddly Chenille
- Cascade Yarns Pluff ‘n’ Stuff
- Sirdar Snuggly Squishy
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker
Skill Level: Beginner