Calida Mittens Calida Mittens in Baby, Child and Adult Sizes
Design by Sarah Ruane from Ned & Mimi.
If you have been wanting to learn how to crochet mittens that are full of texture and style then you are in the right place!
These mittens for children and adults are oh so cozy and absolutely perfect for keeping little (and large!) hands warm during the winter.
I absolutely adore the texture in these mitts thanks to the front post and back post stitches. These crochet stitches might take a little getting used to (as instead of working into the top of the stitch below, we’re going to be working around the post of it instead). But after a little bit of practice you’ll be flying along (and you’ll have mastered 2 new stitches!)
Finished Sizes: This mittens pattern is written for 8 sizes from Baby up to Adult XL
- This pattern calls for any #3/DK/Light weight yarn.
- I used WeCrochet Alpaca Cloud DK, which made from 100% premium grade alpaca
- Some great alternatives (in a selection of different fibers) for your crochet mittens include:
- Paintbox Yarns Simply DK (100% Acrylic)
- Swish DK (100% Fine Superwash Merino Wool)
- King Cole Baby Alpaca DK (100% Baby Alpaca)
- For my mittens, I used two different hook sizes. For the ribbed cuff I used a 3.5mm (E-4) crochet hook, and for the main body of the mitten I used a 4.5mm (US 7) crochet hook.
Skill Level: Intermediate
You Might Also Enjoy The Following
Herringbone Moss Mittens
These pretty mittens are available in all sizes from baby to adult large. That makes it a go-to pattern if you make a lot of gifts.
Baby Bonnet, Booties and Mittens
This crochet baby set is perfect for both genders and can be made to match other items for a nice baby shower gift.
Simply Chic Buffalo Plaid Fingerless Gloves
With several sizes available you can make this for yourself and your daughters for a beautiful and cozy mother and daughter set.
These baby mitts are perfect for both baby boys and girls. As you can see, you can change the colors any way that you like for a custom design.
Baby Scratch Mitts
These scratch mitts are tied with a cording or ribbon to help keep them on.
My Lil’ Pumpkin Pie Sleep Set
This little pumpkin newborn sleep set is absolutely the perfect ensemble for your lil’ pumpkin pie!