Channel your inner minimalist (it’s in there somewhere!) with this easy but stylish scarf. The pattern is a super simple one row repeat so makes a great couch project.
Finished Sizes: Toddler/Child/Adult S/Adult M
- Width: 8.5” / 21.5cm
- Length (excl. tassels): 70” / 178cm
- The scarf is worked from the short edge until the required length is reached. Tassels are added at the end.
- To make the scarf longer/shorter, the easiest place to add/subtract rows is in the middle color block section.
- To make the scarf wider/narrower simply add/subtract any multiple of 2 to/from your starting chain.
- When you change color, you will carry the unworked yarn along the top of your stitches so that you are ready to pick this yarn up again for the next row.
- A photo tutorial is included below if you would like more detail on the color changes.
- Hook: 5mm/H-8
- Yarn: Any Aran/Worsted/#4 weight yarn
- The amounts given here are for Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran (184m/201yds per 100g skein; Weight 4/Aran; 100% Acrylic)
- Main Color (MC): Champagne White – 315m/340yds – 170g – 2 skeins
- Contrast Color (CC): Pure Black – 240m/260yds – 130g – 2 skeins
Skill Level: Beginner
Design by: Sarah Ruane from Ned & Mimi.