Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This slouchy hat combines gentle waves in neutral colors with a hat band and pom pom in a vibrant, contrasting color. It’s a beginner-friendly project as there is no decreasing. This is the first pattern in the fourth annual Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along.
- Finished Sizes: 0-3 Months (3-6 Months, Toddler, Child, Teen/Adult Small, Adult Medium, Adult Large). Photographed sample is Teen/Adult Small. Height measurements do not include pom pom.
- Gauge: 10 sts = 2” (5 cm) in pattern for Hat Band using smaller hook. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows (for Hat Band), crocheting in the round (for rest of hat)
- Crocheting in the back loop and in the third loop (with linked video tutorials for identifying these loops)
- Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g/201 yd/184 m) – 1 skein each in 259 Neon Green (CA), 206 Granite Grey (CB), and 205 Slate Grey (CC), or approximately 110 yd (100 m) in each of 3 colors in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Clover Extra Large Pom Pom Maker (optional).
Skill Level: Easy