Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
The Puff Stitch Mesh Section uses a combination of puff stitches and chain spaces which alternate to create a textured mesh.
This pattern is part of the Sectional Blanket Crochet Along, a mystery crochet along for a throw blanket crocheted in 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm) sections, the size preferred by our charity partner, Warm Up America. New clues will be released on Fridays through December 16, 2022.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round
- Crocheting into chain spaces (includes video tutorial)
- Crocheting in the back loop only (includes linked video tutorial)
- Special stitch pattern: pf (includes written instructions and video tutorial)
Finished Size: 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm)
- WeCrochet Brava Worsted yarn (100% acrylic, 3 oz/100 g, 218 yd/200 m): 18 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 3,750 yards/3,429 meters in any medium weight yarn for the entire blanket.
- I am using the following colors for my version:
- Color A/28437 Marina,
- Color B/29246 Tidal Speckle,
- Color C/28454 Tranquil,
- Color D/29247 Snow Day Speckle,
- Color E/28422 Cornflower,
- Color F/28419 Clarity, and
- Color G/28451 Sky
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size that matches gauge or you prefer using with medium weight yarn
- Locking stitch marker set (optional, but helpful for marking the front and holding pieces together for seaming)
- Bent-tip yarn needle
Skill Level: Easy
You Might Also Enjoy The Following
If you’re looking for something to give you a nice texture on both sides, the crunch stitch will do just that.
This easy shell pattern is just what you need to add a decorative touch to just about any blanket.
Not only is this a pretty stitch pattern, but it is super easy, and perfect for beginners to learn the basic stitches.
If you love textures, then you will love this crochet rectangle, which is worked up in staggered post stitches to give you nice modern design for blankets, pillows and more.
The puffed v stitch rectangle gives you a beautiful and soft texture that you’ll enjoy adding to just about any blanket, pillow, or maybe even to a bag!
This 7 by 9 inch rectangle can be used to create many different projects. It includes a video tutorial, making it beginner-friendly.