This rainbow crochet scarf is a perfect accessory to inject a little bit of color into the darker days of winter. The scarf only uses one stitch the so it is an absolutely perfect crochet pattern for beginners.
And while I decided to go for a rainbow color palette (I have a little girl who loves pretty much anything rainbow-related!) the stripe sequence is completely customizable so you can crochet a scarf to suit any age or taste.
The changing blocks of color help keep your interest even though the pattern itself consists of only one-row repeat. I don’t know about you, but I really find that changing colors regularly gives me small little milestones to aim for, and before I know it I am finished!
- Child (approx. 46″ in length)
- Adult (approx. 64″ in length)
- Hook: 4mm (G/6)
- Yarn: Any DK/#3/Light weight yarn. The amounts and colors given here are for Stylecraft Special DK (295m/323yds per 100g skein; DK/#3/Light; 100% Acrylic)
- Child: 310 yds/280m (100g), 62 yds/56m (20g) of each color
- Adult: 510 yds/466m (165g), 102 yds/93m (33g) of each color
- Yarn Needle
- Stitch Markers
- 2 Pom Poms
Skill Level: Beginner
Design by: Sarah Ruane from Ned & Mimi.