Design by Sarah Ruane from Ned and Mimi.
This easy ribbed crochet hat is sure to become a staple in your winter wardrobe. It’s a perfect pattern for a confident beginner – not too difficult but with a couple of techniques to offer a challenge (like the slip stitch ribbing and front post stitches).
This hat is crocheted from the bottom up. First, crochet the ribbing in a long strip, then join the edges and work the rest of the hat in the round. You start decreasing the circumference of the hat about half way up so when you reach the top of the crown the gap that needs to be closed up is quite small.
Finished Sizes: Toddler/Child/Adult
- Hook: 5mm/H-8 (or hook required to meet gauge)
- Yarn: Any Aran/Worsted/#4 weight yarn
- The amounts given here are for Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran (184m/201yds per 100g skein; Weight 4/Aran; 100% Acrylic)
- Toddler: 175 yds/107m (58g)
- Child: 147 yds/134m (73g)
- Adult Small: 171 yds/156m (85g)
- Adult Medium: 183 yds/167m (91g)
- Misc: Yarn Needle and Stitch Marker
Skill Level: Easy
Protect your face from the hot summer sun by wearing one of these crocheted summer hats. The pattern is available in sizes for children and adults.
Crochet this hat to any size that you need from baby to adult sizes.
Perfect for both genders and available in all sizes from preemie to adult large, this crochet hat pattern is the perfect go-to pattern for gifts and charity donations.
This crochet hat pattern is available in baby. child and adult sizes, thus making it a great go-to pattern for the family.
With six sizes available from child to adult, this crochet hat pattern makes for a nice family hat.
This fun penguin hat is just what your kids need in the cold and snowy winter weather. It is in one size for 2-5 year old children.