Design by Sarah Ruane from Ned & Mimi.
This easy ribbed crochet hat is sure to become a staple in your winter wardrobe. It’s a perfect pattern for a confident beginner – not too difficult but with a couple of techniques to offer a challenge (like the slip stitch ribbing and front post stitches).
This hat is crocheted from the bottom up. First, crochet the ribbing in a long strip, then join the edges and work the rest of the hat in the round. You start decreasing the circumference of the hat about half way up so when you reach the top of the crown the gap that needs to be closed up is quite small.
Finished Sizes: Toddler/Child/Adult
- Hook: 5mm/H-8 (or hook required to meet gauge)
- Yarn: Any Aran/Worsted/#4 weight yarn
- The amounts given here are for Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran (184m/201yds per 100g skein; Weight 4/Aran; 100% Acrylic)
- Toddler: 175 yds/107m (58g)
- Child: 147 yds/134m (73g)
- Adult Small: 171 yds/156m (85g)
- Adult Medium: 183 yds/167m (91g)
- Misc: Yarn Needle and Stitch Marker
Skill Level: Easy
This crochet beanie pattern is available in all sizes from baby to adult large. And it looks like a nice hat for both genders.
Crochet this beanie in any size you like from baby to adult.
This crochet hat pattern is available in three adult sizes as well as in a child size.
This crochet hat pattern is available in all sizes from preemie to adult large.
This easy crochet pattern is available in multiple sizes. It hast a nice color design that is perfect for both men and women.
This beginner-friendly beanie is available in three sizes from toddler to adult.