Endless Summer Tote Bag
By Alexandra of EyeLoveKnots.
The green with the blue and textured center motifs makes this bag ideal for the summer. It looks nice and sturdy as well.
This tote bag is comprised up of floral afghan squares that were inspired by Hydrangeas, and also features a beautiful ribbed pattern.
As far as the lining goes, in the past, I have crocheted other tote bags that I chose not to line, and I ended up really disappointed with how much they stretched out, so I made sure with this one that I added a lining to the bag itself, and the strap. I highly recommend if you will be carrying around anything with a little weight.
- 450 Yards of Worsted Weight #4 Yarn [I used Red Heart’s Super Saver in Soft White – a full skein, and small amounts of Turqua (Blue) and Tea Leaf (Green)],
- H8/5mm crochet hook,
- tapestry needle,
- tape measure and stitch marker.
- Optional for sewing a liner, you’ll also need a piece of stiff 7 mesh plastic canvas or craft weight interfacing, sewing pins, sewing machine or sewing needle and thread, and less than 1 yard of fabric (I used felt).
Skill Level: Intermediate
Other Patterns to Try:
- Blossom Beach Bag
- Simple Stripes Single Crochet Bag
- Single Crochet Bag
- Crochet Shoulder Bag
- Over-the-Shoulder Crochet Bag