Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This granny square bag pattern is made with two different motifs in three colors. Each side is slightly different, creating two unique
Finished Size: Approximately 13” (33 cm) square before adding straps.
Gauge: Finished Motif A = 4.25” (11 cm) square. Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be tight and firm, forming a dense fabric.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Increasing, crocheting in the round, crocheting flat in rows
- Crocheting in the back loop (includes linked video tutorial)
- Seaming with slip stitch and single crochet (includes video tutorials)
- Includes link to optional photo tutorial for lining bag with fabric
- King Cole Cherished DK yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 262 yd/240 m) – 2 skeins in 3441 Stonewash (CA) and 1 skein each in 3440 Pearl (CB) and 3439 Mulberry (CC), or approximately 300 yd (274.5 m) in CA, and 150 yd (137 m) each in CB and CC in any light weight yarn.
- US Size F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or size needed
to obtain gauge.
- Stitch markers.
- Bent-tip yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy
This granny tote bag is worked up in two colors for a beautiful color design. Plus, it is nice and roomy, making it great for all things.
Choose any four colors from your yarn stash and you’ll have yourself a new bag in no time! Plus, it’s pretty enough to give as a gift.
This crochet bag is worked up in jute twine, which is a super strong material! It’s perfect for an everyday bag for all your needs.
This beginner-friendly bag is simple, but elegant enough for anyone to make and use as a handbag.
This bag is perfect for the beach, long walks, or for any occasion when you need to take your personal items, but want to keep your hands free.
The red, white and blue makes this perfect for the US patriotic holiday, but choose any colors from the bags you’ve been collecting over the years.