Fire and Ice Shawl
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This shawl pattern is adjustable. Photographed sample has 67” (170 cm) wingspan x 17” (43 cm) spine unblocked.
This simple, triangular shawl shines in a self-striping, metallic yarn.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting in the round (for rounded tips), crocheting flat in rows (for rest of shawl)
- Increasing and decreasing
- Special stitch: dc2tog (with written explanation in pattern)
Gauge: 17 dc x 7 rows = 4” (10 cm) in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Lion Brand Shawl in a Ball Metallic yarn (61% cotton/34% acrylic/5% other, 5.3 oz/150 g/481 yd/440 m) – 1 skein in 301 Moonstone, or approximately 481 yd (440 m) in any light medium weight yarn.
- US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Locking stitch marker.
Skill Level: Easy