Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
Cool off with a sweet summer treat! This blanket square is made up of four smaller squares. The whole project is quick to make and portable, perfect summer crocheting. Join together into a bag, pillow, or blanket. This square is part of Moogly’s 2020 Crochet Along.
Finished Size: 12” (30.5 cm) square.
Gauge: Inner Square = 4.75” (12 cm) in pattern. Exact gauge is not required for this pattern.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting in the round, increasing, seaming, crocheting in the back loop
- Special stitch patterns: FPdc (with written instructions and video tutorial)
- Red Heart With Love yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g, 370 yd/338 m) – 1 skein each in 1932 Minty (CA), 1969 Wintergreen (CB), and 1001 White (CC), or approximately 60 yd (55 m) each in CA and CB and 25 yd (23 m) in CC in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Here is a beautifully textured 12″ afghan square for your next afghan.
I love the beautiful colors in this 12″ afghan square. The colors and textures add a lacy effect to it, but it’s actually a nice solid square.
Crochet an entire afghan with this flag square, or combine it in with other cool squares for a super awesome work of patriotic art.
his afghan square has a very pretty lace to it.
This amazing afghan square is perfect for any season of the year.
FREE crochet pattern for Whimsical Penelope’s merry Go Round 12″ afghan square by Simply Collectible.