Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This mitered square washcloth can be adjusted to your preferred size. Choose three colors and alternate each row. The bobbles and back loop stitches combine for a gentle, exfoliating texture. This is the first pattern in the 2019 Washcloth Crochet Along with CAL Central.
- Washcloth Sizes: 9.5” (24 cm) square.
- Gauge: 19 sts = 4” (10 cm) in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, increasing, crocheting in the back loop only, changing colors
- Special stitch: bob (with video tutorial linked in the pattern)
- Paintbox Yarns Cotton DK yarn (100% cotton, 1.7 oz/50 g, 137 yd/125 m) – 1 skein each in 433 Washed Teal (CA), 453 Ballet Pink (CB), and 444 Raspberry Pink (CC), or approximately 56 yd (51 m) in each of 3 colors in any light weight yarn.
- US Size F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Stitch marker or scrap yarn.
Skill Level: Intermediate