Sleepy Sunrise Amigurumi
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
The sunrise is a symbol of a new beginning, thus making this the perfect gift at a baby shower. It’ll be the cutest decoration you can make for a baby’s room.
This adorable softie adds sunshine on a cloudy day.
Finished Size: Approximately 7” (18 cm) across x 3.5” (9 cm) tall after folding and before stuffing and adding Picot Sunray Seam.
Gauge: Through Rnd 12 in pattern = 4.25” (11 cm) diameter. Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting in the round, increasing
- Seaming with single crochet and picot stitches (pattern includes link to photo and video tutorials)
- Decorating with back stitch embroidery stitch (pattern includes link to video tutorials)
- WeCrochet Mighty Stitch yarn (80% acrylic/20% superwash wool, 3.5 oz/100 g, 208 yd/190 m) – 1 skein ea in 28068 Sunflower (CA), 26852 Black (CB), and 26809 Pucker (CC), or approximately 85 yd (78 m) in CA, and approximately 2 yd (2 m) ea in CB and CC in any medium weight yarn.
- Furls Streamline Swirl US Size G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber Fill, 12 ounce bag.
- WeCrochet locking stitch marker set.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy
Other Patterns to Try:
- Amigurumi Crochet Frog
- Humphrey the Camel Stuffie
- Amigurumi Guinea Pig
- Great Dane Amigurumi
- Amigurumi Doll