This project is perfect for laying across the back of your sofa to add a warm and homey look. If you get chilly, it easily transforms into a shawl to wrap around YOU while you’re sitting on the sofa! You can make it in your own combination of three colors, to coordinate with your decor or to contrast.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows
- Changing colors, crocheting around the side of a project (includes video tutorials)
- Special stitch: cdc (includes written description and video tutorial)
Finished Size: One Size (to fit across a loveseat or 3-seat sofa back, or to wear as an adult-sized shawl): 68” (173 cm) long x 8.5” (21.5 cm) wide.
- King Cole Subtle Drifter Chunky yarn (25% cotton, 6% wool, 69% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 170 yd/156 m) – 2 skeins each in 4667 Slate (CA), 4672 Rose (CB), and 4665 Mustard (CC), or approximately 200 yd (183 m) in each of 3 colors in any bulky weight yarn.
- US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Bent-tip yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy
You Might Also Enjoy The Following
Crochet this simple, yet pretty, lace wrap to keep your shoulders cozy when the cold weather hits. It’s perfect for year-round use.
This granny shawl pattern is not only worked up in a fine yarn, but it is also lacy-looking making it great for year-round and every occasion.
This beginner-friendly granny shawl is perfect for all types of weather, including the summertime!
Regardless the season or the occasion, this shawl is all you need to accessorize and to keep warm!
This crochet shawl pattern can be worn in many ways. And with the neutral color tone, it will compliment almost any outfit in your closet.
This crochet shawl pattern will not only keep you warm, but it is also the perfect accessory to brighten up your outfits!