Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
The cowl is worked up using only one skein of yarn. It is a small cowl, but you can easily increase the size in the stitch multiple provided.
This textured cowl is crocheted with two strands of yarn held together to create a unique color pattern.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, seaming (video and photo tutorials linked in pattern), holding 2 strands of yarn together
- Special stitch: FPdc (with written explanation and video tutorial linked in pattern)
Gauge: 22 sts in pattern = 6.5” (16.5 cm) wide. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Finished Size: Teen/Adult: 24” (61 cm) circumference x 6.5” (16.5 cm) width.
- King Cole Island Beaches DK yarn (70% acrylic/30% polyamide, 3.5 oz/100 g, 278 yd/255 m) – 1 skein in 4526 Pebble, or approximately 255 yd (233.5 m) in any light weight yarn.
- King Cole Stripe DK yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 320 yd/290 m) – 1 skein in 4508 Caramel Stripe, or approximately 255 yd (233.5 m) in any light weight yarn.
- US Size K-10.5/6.5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Intermediate