Design by Sarah Ruane from Ned and Mimi.
This double oven mitt lets you both hands, so no more scrambling for a second hot pad when you need to lift a heavy dish!
There are two components to this oven mitt, each crocheted with a different stitch pattern designed to suit their purpose:
- Two hot pads – these are worked with the Single Crochet Thermal Stitch which gives a durable, thick fabric – ain’t no heat getting through these hot pads!
- The center panel and gloves – the center panel joins the hot pads together and the glove lays over the top of each hot pad. These are all crocheted with a simple alternating dc/sc pattern
For this pattern I decided to work 2 strands of the yarn together, just to ensure that the finished product was extra durable and safe for handling hot dishes straight out of the oven.
- Yarn: 100% cotton yarn – it is essential that you don’t use anything else other than 100% cotton in this project. (I used Paintbox Yarns Cotton DK)
- Hook: 5mm/H-8 crochet hook (or hook needed to meet gauge)
- Misc: Yarn Needle for weaving in ends
Skill Level: Easy
See More From Ned and Mimi