Two strands of yarn held together create a tweedy, ombré look. Highlight your favorite color in a group of three choices with a wide hat band. A simple shell stitch creates zig zags of color.
Finished Size: Adult: 21” (53.5 cm) hat circumference x 7.75” (19.5 cm) height.
Gauge: Hat Band = 2” (5 cm) wide in pattern. For best fit, always check your gauge.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows (for hat band), crocheting in the round (for rest of hat)
- Skipping stitches, increasing and decreasing, crocheting in the back loop only
- Willow & Lark Ramble yarn (100% Merino wool, 1.75 oz/50 g/137 yd/125 m) – 1 skein each in 127 Rhubarb Pink (CA), 105 Thunder Grey – Melange (CB), and 120 Puddle Blue – Melange (CC), or approximately 137 yd (125 m) in each of 3 colors in any light weight yarn.
- US Size K-10.5/6.5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy