This ombré slouchy beanie works up quickly as you hold two strands of yarn together throughout. This pattern was designed to meet the donation requirements of Lion Brand’s Hat Not Hate campaign against bullying in schools.
Finished Sizes: Newborn (Infant Small, Infant Large, Toddler Small, Toddler Large, Pre-School Child, Child, Teen/Adult Small, Adult Medium, Adult Large).
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows (for Hat Band), crocheting in the round (for rest of hat)
- Crocheting in the back loop and in the third loop (with linked video tutorials for identifying these loops)
- Lion Brand Jeans yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g/246 yd/335 m) – 1 skein each in 110 Classic (CA) and 105 Faded (CB), or approximately 77 yd (108 yd, 120 yd, 136 yd, 149 yd, 168 yd, 187 yd, 202 yd, 223 yd, 240 yd)/71 m (99 m, 110 m, 124.5 m, 136.5 m, 153.5 m, 171 m, 185 m, 204 m, 220 m) in each of 2 colors in any
light mediumweight yarn.
- US Size L-11/8 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
Skill Level: Easy