This rag doll style pillow pal proudly wears his bow tie. His buttoned front pocket fits a gift card snuggly inside, while his back pocket is large enough to hold a book, a tablet, or another gift. He is totally huggable and makes a great gift. Mr. Putty Cat, Sr. is part of the 2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along with Stitches n Scraps and Underground Crafter. This CAL features 16 free crochet patterns by 16 crochet designers for kids, women, men, and home to kick start the handmade holiday season.
Front and Back Panel measure approximately 11” (28 cm) wide x 16” (40.5 cm) tall before joining and stuffing.
Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, slip stitch
Crocheting flat in rows (for Panels), crocheting in the round (for facial features)
18 sc x 20 rows = 4” (10 cm). Exact gauge is not critical for this pattern but stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn (100% acrylic, 5 oz/141 g, 236 yd/216 m) – 1 skein in 400 Heather Gray (CA), or approximately 615 yd (562 m) in CA in any medium weight yarn.
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g, 364 yd/333 m) – 1 skein each in 387 Soft Navy (CB), 722 Pretty N Pink (CC), 256 Carrot (CD), and 312 Black (CE), or approximately 75 yd (68.5 m) in CB, 20 yd (18 m) in CC, 20 yd (18 m) in CD, and 20 yd (18 m) in CE in any medium weight yarn.
- US F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn needle with eye small enough to fit through button eyes.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set (for marking position when working in the round and for holding pieces together when seaming).
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Royal Silk Fiber Fill, 12 ounce bag.
- 0.75” (2 cm) sew through button.
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.