This beginner-friendly pom pom beanie works up quickly in bulky yarn using a simple stitch pattern.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting in the round, changing colors, increasing, crocheting in the back loop only
Gauge: Through Rnd 3 = 4” (10 cm) in pattern. For best fit, always check your gauge.
Finished Size: Teen/Adult: 22.5” (57 cm) hat circumference x 8.5” (21.5 cm) height.
- Paintbox Yarns Simply Chunky yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 149 yd/136 m) – 1 skein each in 335 Duck Egg Blue (CA), 334 Kingfisher Blue (CB), and 333 Marine Blue (CC), or approximately 125 yd (114.5 m) in CA, 95 yd (87 m) in CB, and 125 yd (114.5 m) in CC in any bulky weight yarn.
- US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Clover Pom Pom Maker – Large 3-3/8” size (optional).
Skill Level: Easy
Design by Underground Crafter.