Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
A dense stitch pattern without holes for tiny fingers and toes make this blanket perfect for preemies. A self-striping yarn does the colorwork for you! This blanket meets the donation requirements for Knots of Love, an organization that distributes handmade preemie blankets to babies in neonatal intensive care units. It was designed for the 2022 Preemie Crochet Challenge with Sunflower Cottage Crochet.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round
- Crocheting in side of rows (includes video tutorial)
Finished Size: Preemie Blanket: 25.5” (65 cm) x 31.5” (80 cm).
- Cascade Cherub Aran Prints yarn (55% nylon/45% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 240 yd/220 m) – 4 skeins in 710 Prism, or approximately 960 yd (878 m) in any soft, medium weight, self-striping, acrylic or acrylic blend yarn.
- US Size H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Stitch markers.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Beginner
You Might Also Enjoy The Following
This crochet blanket pattern features a pretty stitch pattern that can be used for both genders.
With two strands of yarn held together as one, this crochet baby blanket pattern is sure to work up quickly.
This easy baby blanket has a nice texture. It looks great in a solid color and can be made for both genders.
Not only is this a mindless pattern, but it is also a nice stitch with a pretty texture! Great for making gifts for both genders.
Worked up in a cotton yarn, crochet baby blanket makes for the perfect gift at baby showers!
It’s simple, but it’s worked in a beautifully textured design that you’ll be proud to make and gift to all your precious ones.